Sanitation Department Yard Waste
The purpose of city provided yard waste collection is to help keep our city clean from small fallen limbs, leaves and other yard waste. This service is not meant to replace tree trimmers and other professional services who cut and remove trees.
Yard waste is scheduled to be collected on the same day that your trash is collected.
Included in your basic service is the collection of; limbs (under 6 inches in diameter), shrubs (without root balls), brush, Christmas trees and other common yard trimmings (excluding grass). Collection includes up to one pickup truck sized load weekly. During leaf collection season (starting around October 20th and ending as weather dictates, but not later than February 15th), loose-limb collection ends as crews focus on leaf collection.
For an additional charge, other items can be collected.
Grass must be bagged in plastic bags bearing a "grass sticker" for collection. Save landfill space and mulch your grass as an alternative. Stickers can be purchased at City Hall for $1.25 each.
To receive the best service possible, please follow these guidelines:
- Have yard waste curbside by 6:00a.m. Once trucks pass through your neighborhood, they cannot return.
- Limbs can be up to 30 feet in length but must be smaller than 6 inches in diameter to be collected; place "butt-ends" facing the street.
- Loose yard waste (small trimmings, sticks and small shrubs) should be bagged, or placed in a separate can for collection.
- No dirt of any kind can be collected; no root balls.
- No contractor yard waste. Your service is limited to what you or your immediate family living at the residence have cut. Home or property owner is responsible for ensuring removal of any yard waste cut by person(s) receiving compensation for trimming/cutting.
- Please do not block collections with cars.
- Limit bags and personal cans with yard waste to 30lbs.
- Cement or rocks
- Dirt of any kind
- Grass (requires special sticker)
Please remember that we do not collect contractor trimmings. No alley collections - our trucks are too big!
The Sanitation Department collects clean, natural, "undressed" trees beginning January 1. Please place trees curbside for collection.
Report Illegal Dumpers
Help us keep our city clean. Contact us to report illegal dumpers. We have zero tolerance for those who "trash" our city.