- Certified Education and Counseling for Homebuyers and Homeowners
- 2021 HUD Income Limits
- BaptistTown Neighborhood Plan
- Old Germantown District Redevelopment Plan
- Mechanicsville Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
- Mechanicsville Redevelopment Before and After Photos
- Triplett Twist District Neighborhood Plan
- Floor Plan Book
- Owensboro Metropolitan Planning Commission Zoning Ordinance
- Article 21 Downtown Overlay Districts
- The Housing Authority of Owensboro
- Report an Issue in Owensboro
The Community Development Department is committed to making a significant difference in our community. As an entitlement grantee, we receive a formula grant on an annual basis from the Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant program.
We use those funds to make that difference in several different ways…
- Create Neighborhood Redevelopment Plans such as BaptistTown, Old Germantown District, Mechanicsville and Triplett Twist Neighborhood;
- Build and Reconstruct Streets, Sidewalks and make Other Public Improvements;
- Manage a Homebuyer Program that Constructs new homes that are sold to low to moderate income individuals and families (300 homes constructed and sold so far);
- Manage an Existing Homeowner Rehab Program that helps people make repairs to their homes (over 445 homes renovated so far);
- Create Partnerships with non profit and private Developers to expand the availability of affordable housing (over 220 rental units created);
- Administer the Historic Preservation and the Downtown Design Review Process;
- Assist developers thru the regulatory process in Downtown;
- Administer other special grants and projects.
To learn more about the Housing and Urban Development Entitlement Program, as it applies to the City of Owensboro, click HERE.