Fourth of July City Offices Schedule and Firework Safety
Friday June 25, 2021 9:11 AM
June 25, 2021
For information, contact Adrienne Carrico at 270-687-8561 or Adrienne.Carrico@owensboro.org.
FOURTH OF JULY CITY OFFICES SCHEDULE AND FIREWORK SAFETY
On Monday, July 5th, City Hall, Parks Department administration office, Dugan Best Recreation Center, Owensboro Transit System, and Sanitation Department will be closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday. All sanitation routes will be delayed by one day.
The City of Owensboro encourages everyone to exercise safe firework handling this Fourth of July holiday. Under City Ordinance 16-2011, fireworks can generally be used between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and to the extended hour of midnight on July 3rd and 4th. No one under the age of 18 may use them at any time. They cannot be used within 200 feet of any structure or motor vehicle (whether operational or not). The full ordinance is available on the City’s website at www.owensboro.org.
Additional firework safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all instructions on the label.
- Before lighting fireworks, make sure that other people are out of range.
- Light fireworks on a flat surface.
- Keep water close by at all times when fireworks are being used.
For more information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Pleasant Valley Road Paving
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners - Commission Meeting
- Public Meeting to Discuss Cravens Pool
- Edge Ice Center Offering Learn-to-Skate Classes
- Golf Course Morning Scrambles
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Special Called Meeting
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Meeting Cancellation
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners - Work Session
- Edge Ice Center – 2021 Fall Break Skating Sessions
- Ice Hockey and the Benefits it instills in Local Youth