Press Release - 2016 Fall Break Activities - Owensboro Parks and Recreation
Wednesday October 5, 2016 9:02 AM
Fall break is the perfect time to Break-out with Owensboro Parks and Recreation. We have multiple amazing facilities and parks where you, your family, and friends can break-out and enjoy great activities at fun locations. If your family is staying in Owensboro, check out what we offer you for little to no cost!
The Edge Ice Center is a great place for people of all ages to chill out and relax! Listed below are public sessions taking placing during Fall Break:
- Oct. 10-14 (Mon-Fri)…………………….12-4 p.m. $6
- Oct. 14-15 (Fri-Sat)………………………7-10 p.m. $7
- Oct. 15 (Sun)……….…………………….1-4 p.m. $6
(admission and skate rental included each session)
If the weather is nice and you want some fresh air, take your family to Smothers Park! Enjoy a great view of the Ohio River, play at the Lazy Dayz playground, and enjoy great food from the concession stand which will be open October 8-16 from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. weather permitting.
Dugan Best Recreation Center is the place to go if you are looking for a pick-up basketball game, manned activities, or a safe place to go for FREE, to hang out with your friends. Dugan is open October 10-14 from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and regular hours on Saturday and closed on Sunday. Anyone under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For more information on programs, events or activities Owensboro Parks and Recreation has to offer please call 270-687-8700 or visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org.
Other Recent News
- Owensboro Street Department - War on Potholes
- Owensboro Sister Cities & Regions Board - Special Called Meeting
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement - Special Called Meeting
- Street Closure - Cravens Ave./Gardenside Drive
- RWRA Repairs
- 2022 Owensboro Parks Shelter Reservations
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners - Commission Meeting
- Chautauqua Park Playground Closed
- Street Closure - College Drive
- Owensboro Parks and Recreation is getting HAMBUSHED