Owensboro Board of Commissioners Fills Vacant Commission Seat
Tuesday May 16, 2023 7:36 PM
Date: May 16, 2023 – For Immediate Release
OWENSBORO BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS FILLS VACANT COMMISSION SEAT
After interviewing 27 applicants during two Special Called meetings, the Owensboro Board of Commissioners has voted and approved Sharon NeSmith to fill the vacant Commission seat until the end of the year. Commissioner Sharon NeSmith was sworn in following the vote at tonight’s meeting.
Commissioner Sharon NeSmith will serve through December 31, 2023. A special election will then take place in November for the public to vote on who will serve the second and final year of the term which ends December 31, 2024.
The Owensboro Board of Commissioners is humbled by the many individuals who applied and went through the interview process in an effort to serve their community.
Contact: Shaelie Velez at Shaelie.Velez@owensboro.org or 270-687-8560
Other Recent News
- Seven Hills Neighborhood Alliance Cleanup Day
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners Special Called Commission Meeting
- Parent-Child Scramble – June 17-18
- 2023 FALL ADULT SOFTBALL LEAGUE
- Owensboro Dugan Best Neighborhood Alliance Special Called Meeting
- Street Closure - Griffith Avenue
- Ben Hawes Golf Course Driving Range Closed June 12 – June 14
- Water Safety Day at Combest Pool – June 19
- Dugan Best Recreation Center Car Wash – June 14
- 2023 Fall T-Ball Registration