Owensboro Air Show Offers Paid Rides on WWII B-17 Bomber and Helicopter
Tuesday September 27, 2016 10:30 AM
September 27, 2016
For information contact Tim Ross, Public Events Director at 270-687-8350 or email@example.com
OWENSBORO AIR SHOW OFFERS
PAID RIDES ON WWII B-17 BOMBER AND HELICOPTER RIDES
The City of Owensboro will provide two unique opportunities for everyone to experience the thrill of flight at the 2016 Owensboro Air Show scheduled for October 1-2.
The most iconic bomber from the U.S. Forces in WWII, the B-17 Flying Fortress “Aluminum Overcast’, will be participating in the activities again this year and provides the opportunity to experience living history aboard a flight. Paid rides on the bomber will be offered Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings September 30 – October 2 at the Owensboro Regional Airport main terminal. Riders will get the experience of climbing aboard one of the last B-17 bombers still flying today and feel what it was like for our troops to climb aboard the aircraft on missions throughout the war.
Additionally, on Friday September 30, paid helicopter rides will be offered as part of the static display activities at the Owensboro Regional Airport. From 12:00pm – 6:30pm, the general public is invited to sign-up for paid rides aboard a Robinson R44 for sightseeing flights over Owensboro. Paid rides will be offered for $35 and $50 and will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Admission for the static display activities at the airport will begin at 4:00pm. Tickets are $2.00 per person. Children ages 12 and younger, first responders, and veterans will receive free admission. The evening will conclude at approximately 8:00pm with a fireworks display presented by Independence Bank.
For more information about the Owensboro Air Show including a schedule of events, parking maps, etc. visit www.owensboroairshow.com.
Other Recent News
- Edge Ice Center Offering Learn-to-Skate Classes
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Special Called Meeting
- Street Closure - Daviess Street
- City of Owensboro Prepares for Owensboro Parent Kids Bike-Run and Road Closures
- Street Closure Extended - Carter Road
- Gone to the Dogs - Combest Pool
- Owensboro Sister Cities & Regions July Meeting Notice
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners Meeting - July 20, 2021
- Street Closure - Carter Road
- Shifley-York Neighborhood Alliance July Meeting Cancelled