Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood Alliance to Sponsor Spring Dogwood and Azalea Tree Giveaway
Tuesday March 28, 2017 1:56 PM
March 28, 2017
For information, contact Leslie Neeley at 270-687-8557 or email@example.com
DOGWOOD-AZALEA NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIANCE
TO SPONSOR SPRING DOGWOOD AND AZALEA TREE GIVEAWAY
The Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood Alliance will purchase twenty (20) dogwood trees and twenty (20) azalea bushes to give to residents that live in the Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood to plant the weekend of April 21, 2017.
During the ice storm in January 2009 and hail damage in 2016, many of these tree species were lost in the Alliance area. Residents that are interested in receiving a FREE tree for the weekend planting should call CityAction at 270-687-4444 to be put on the list. Tree pick-up will be Friday, April 21st between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church (1328 Griffith Avenue, Owensboro, Kentucky 42301). Residents requesting a free tree will be asked to provide proof of residence within the Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood Alliance with photo identification and a recent OMU bill.
The Alliance is also looking for new members. They meet every other month at 5:30 p.m. at the Edge Ice Center. The next meeting is Thursday, May 18th. The neighborhood extends from Twelfth Street to Booth Avenue, between Frederica to Lewis Lane/Roosevelt Road/Werner Avenue.
For information about the City of Owensboro and the Neighborhood Alliance program, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Ohio River Bank Cleanup
- Castlen Dog Park Closed due to Turf Maintenance
- Owensboro Street Department - War on Potholes
- Owensboro Sister Cities & Regions Board - Special Called Meeting
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement - Special Called Meeting
- Street Closure - Cravens Ave./Gardenside Drive
- RWRA Repairs
- 2022 Owensboro Parks Shelter Reservations
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners - Commission Meeting
- Chautauqua Park Playground Closed