City of Owensboro Accepting Applications for COVID-19 Rental and Business Assistance
Friday March 17, 2023 4:48 PM
Date: March 17, 2023 – For Immediate Release
CITY OF OWENSBORO ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COVID-19 RENTAL AND BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
The City of Owensboro will begin accepting applications for 2023 COVID-19 rental and business assistance on Monday, March 20. Businesses impacted by COVID-19 and individuals who meet a designated income threshold are eligible for the funds available through the federal CARES Act, which Congress approved in 2020 due to the pandemic.
Individuals who wish to apply for up to three (3) months rent must be a resident of the City of Owensboro and have a household income within designated limits. The income limits can be accessed at Owensboro.org.
Businesses that wish to apply for a $2,500 grant must be located within city limits, have five (5) or fewer employees (including owners), and have experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19. Approved uses of these grant funds include, but are not limited to, business expenses such as mortgage/rent, utilities, payroll (excluding owner’s salary), inventory/equipment, and consultant fees. Grant funds cannot be used for personal purchases, business improvements, taxes, liens, or any outstanding governmental debt. Non-profits are not eligible.
Applications can be filled out and submitted online at Owensboro.org. Applicants can also receive/drop off hard copies at City Hall, 101 East 4th Street, Owensboro KY, 42303.
For more information contact: Abby Shelton at Abby.Shelton@owensboro.org or 270-687-8658
Other Recent News
- Edge Ice Center - Spring Break Skating Sessions
- Owensboro Lane Closures
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners Meeting- March 21,2023
- Street Closure: Wesleyan Place
- City of Owensboro Accepting Applications for COVID-19 Rental and Business Assistance
- Hillcrest Alliance Cleanup Day
- EDGE ICE CENTER TO HOST 11TH ANNUAL INVITATIONAL FIGURE SKATING COMPETITION March 24-26
- Hillcrest Golf Course Closed Tomorrow, March 16 for Scheduled Aerification
- Owensboro Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners Work Session