Hazardous Road Conditions
Saturday February 21, 2015 8:50 AM
February 21, 2015
For information, contact Abby Shelton at 270-687-8561 or email@example.com.
HAZARDOUS ROAD CONDITIONS
Freezing rain has caused icing on streets and sidewalks. Travel has become very hazardous, and temperatures are expected to once again fall below freezing through Sunday morning. If travel is absolutely necessary, please allow extra time during your commute and use extreme caution and attention while traveling. In addition, remember to bring pets inside during this cold and hazardous weather.
The City’s Street Department maintenance crews are working around the clock to keep streets clear and to clear the 5,500 inlets located within the city. The City of Owensboro is asking citizens to help keep local inlets free of any ice, snow, and other debris to help alleviate flooding. Road condition reports for major routes in Kentucky are available by calling 511 or by visiting the 511 travel and traffic information web site at www.511.ky.gov.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Edge Ice Center Offering Learn-to-Skate Classes
- Golf Course Morning Scrambles
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Special Called Meeting
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Meeting Cancellation
- Owensboro Board of Commissioners - Work Session
- Edge Ice Center – 2021 Fall Break Skating Sessions
- Ice Hockey and the Benefits it instills in Local Youth
- Commission Meeting - 9/7/21
- CITY OF OWENSBORO SEEKING CONTRACTORS FOR NORTHWEST NRSA
- Labor Day Update 2021