City of Owensboro to Honor Nicky Hayden with Sculpture
Friday May 4, 2018 11:07 AM
May 4, 2018
For more information, contact Director of Public Events Tim Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-687-8350
CITY OF OWENSBORO TO HONOR NICKY HAYDEN WITH SCULPTURE
The City of Owensboro is proud to partner with the family of Nicky Hayden for the unveiling of a sculpture honoring the late MotoGP World Champion and Owensboro native.
“Although Nicky spent most of the year traveling around the world, there was no other place that he loved more than his hometown,” said the family. “Where he came from was very important to him, and he took great pride in representing Owensboro in a positive way. We would like to thank the City for their support in this project and we hope everyone can join us for this very special event.”
The public is invited to attend the unveiling of the sculpture, which will coincide with Friday After 5 on June 8th at 5:30pm. The ceremony will take place on the front lawn of the Owensboro Convention Center, located at 501 W. 2nd St., which will be the permanent home of the sculpture. Mayor Tom Watson will read a proclamation declaring June 9th as Nicky Hayden Day, representing Nicky’s racing number 69.
“It is with great pride that we as a community have the opportunity to continue the Kentucky Kid’s legacy in his hometown,” said Mayor Watson. “We will have a lasting memorial to commemorate his accomplishments to not only OBKY but to the world. I want to thank the Hayden family for allowing us to partner with them on this truly eventful day.”
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - Elm Street
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Special Called Meeting
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Street Closure - Leitchfield Road 9.27.22
- The Newest Park Scavenger Hunt – PUCKS IN THE PARK!
- Intersection Closure - W. 9th St./Alpha St.
- Street Closures - Brentwood Dr & Bonnie Castle Dr
- Owensboro Transit System Bus Stop Update
- Owensboro Parks and Recreation to Offer New Esports League
- City Commission Work Session - September 13, 2022